mt. kilimanjaro, june 5, 2009

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

warning: this gets a little flowery

so i can't help it, i have a small obsession with flowers. it's quite simple: they're pretty, they're easy subjects as they never move and i don't have to ask their permission to photograph them - or worry that my photo-taking has somehow stolen their souls. oh, and the colours... !
plus, some of these are quite far from anything i'd ever be able to capture in the viewfinder at home. so enjoy.
the colours help to add a little life to some of the pages of this blog that were being overtaken by a foggy greenish-brown colour.
these were taken in Lushoto and area, which is about a 5 hr drive east of Arusha, in the Usambara mountains. I followed Michael there last wednesday, and although I had some of my own work to keep me busy, I also had these lovely subjects to while away the hours when he was working. we spent the weekend there too and some of these are taken while hiking through Magamba(sp?) Rainforest.more from Lushoto to come (the last pic below is actually from our yard in Arusha - shhh...).

No comments:

Post a Comment